Der Catalyst 5.7 steht seit heute bei uns zum Download bereit. Wie er sich gegen seine Vorgänger schlägt, werden wir gleich sehen, zuerst einige Verbesserungen im Detail:
This section provides information on new features introduced in the latest release of the Catalyst™ Software Suite. New features include:
• 1080p Display Support Option
• Catalyst™ Control Center Un-install Option
1080p Display Support Option
Catalyst™ 5.7 introduces support enhancement to the display support options found in the Digital Panel Properties of the Catalyst™ Control Center. This enhancement will offer a 1080p standard format option for a displays that are reporting incomplete or incorrect capabilities in their EDID information. This feature will be supported on ATI Radeon® X300 products and above, and will be supported under the Microsoft Windows XP, 2000 and the next release of the Windows XP Media Center Edition operating systems.
Catalyst™ Control Center Un-install Option
Catalyst™ 5.7 introduces a clean un-install option for the Catalyst™ Control Center. When a user chooses to remove the Catalyst™ Control Center, all desktop shortcuts, user defined profiles, and hotkeys will be completely removed from the system. All custom setting will need to be recreated when the Catalyst™ Control Center is installed once again.
Enhancements to our driver's internal memory management bring significant benefits to 64MB and 128MB framebuffer configurations in Catalyst™ 5.7.
The resulting performance gains are most apparent in high resolution, everything on modes, when running applications that use a significant amount of graphics memory. Examples include:
• 5-15% gains in 3DMark05 on some products
• 20-60% gain in Far Cry Regulator across multiple settings
• 25-60% gains in Half-Life 2 at 1600x1200 4xAA 8xAF
• 40-60% gains in UT2004 at 1600x1200 6xAA 16xAF
• 50-100% improvement in Comanche4 at 1600x1200 6xAA 16xAF
• 50-200% gains in certain ShaderMark tests at high resolution
Note: The exact magnitude of these performance benefits will vary depending on the product configuration, clock speeds and available system memory. All of the changes noted are specific to 64MB and 128MB framebuffer configurations. Performance of 256MB and 512MB boards is already very good at these settings.
Additionally, an improvement in our OpenGL driver brings a gain of approximately 10-15% to the Unigraphics test in SPECviewperf. This improvement is not framebuffer-specific.
Issues Resolved in Catalyst™ Software Suite 5.7
The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of Catalyst™. These include:
• Flight Sim 2004: Launching the application under Windows XP and enabling Anisotropic Filtering (AF) within the Catalyst™ Control Center no longer results in the AF functionality not being enabled within the game
• Trackmania Sunrise: Playing the game under Windows XP no longer results in the operating system failing to respond when attempting to exit the game after leaving the PC idle for an extended period of time
• Warcraft III: Playing the game under Windows XP no longer results in display corruption being noticed when rotating the display 90 degrees counter-clockwise.
• Creating a custom hot-key for rotation currently no longer results in the custom hot-key to become unavailable for the secondary display device when extended desktop is enabled and the display devices are set to 1280x1024.
• Changing the format from NTSC to any PAL format no longer results in the PAL format not working.
• Changing the regional option found in the control panel to Japan followed by installing the display driver no longer results in the TV format failing to change in accordance with the regional option
• Changes to the Overlay Display in Clone Mode option found in the Theater Mode settings of the Catalyst™ Control Center are now retained
• The Scale to full screen option found in the Theater Mode Settings of the Catalyst™ Control Center is now working properly
• Rotating the display by 180 degrees no longer results in all the text on the desktop failing to appear
• Truncated text in the localized French version of the Catalyst™ Control Center is now resolved
• The profile manager hotkey notification dialog box is now translated for all supported languages
• ATI Color Controls can now be reactivated using a hotkey combination if the ATI Color Controls have changed by the color management tool of a third party application
• The TV is now detected when both the SVIDEO and the Composite connectors are used
• Windows Movie Maker 2.0: The Movie maker preview playback no longer displays a blank image when attempting to playback an mpeg file
• Windows Movie Maker 2.0: Attempting to record a TV source for 6 hours or more, no longer results in audio corruption being heard after approximately 4 hours of recording
• Subtitles are now displayed when playing a DVD under Windows XP Media Center Edition
• The Catalyst™ Control Center Hotkey Manager is now completely localized for Japanese
Known Issues for Catalyst™ Software Suite 5.7
The following section provides a brief description of known issues associated with the latest version of Catalyst™. These include the following:
• Archlord: Playing the game under Windows XP SP2 may result in intermittent display corruption being noticed on the lower portion of the display device when moving the character within the game. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19788
• Battlefield 2: Geometry corruption or missing textures maybe noticed when playing the game for an extended period of time under Windows XP with an ATI Radeon® X800 XT installed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19709
• City of Heroes: Playing the game under Windows XP Media Center Edition may results in display corruption being notice when attempting to task-switch between the game and the desktop. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19792
• Doom3: Playing the game under Windows XP Media Center Edition may result in a noticeable performance decrease or corruption of the MCE on-screen display dialog box when lowering or muting the audio during game play. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19791
• Farcry: Playing the game under Windows XP SP2 with the display set to 1024x76832bpp along with AA disabled results in flashing textures being noticed when setting the game's video options to high detail. This issue is know to occur when using an ATI Radeon® 9100 or 8500 series product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-10089
• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI Radeon™ 8500 installed and having Anti-Aliasing set to 2x may result in corruption being noticed in menu corruption being noticed within the game when the display resolution is set to 1024x768. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19794
• Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: Geometry corruption may be noticed when running the mission under Windows XP and using the default setting for the game. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19795
• Gunz Online: Attempting to change the screen brightness within the game may result in the operating system failing to respond. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19793
• MU Online: Opening a chat window and playing the on-line game results in Hesitation being noticed when pressing the Enter key. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19541
• Prince of Persia: Sands of Time: Attempting to launch the game under Windows with an ATI Radeon™ X800 series installed results in an error message being displayed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19787
• Rainbow six3: Athena Sword: Playing the game under Windows 2000 with an ATI Radeon® X700 installed results in the game failing to retain its resolution option of 1600x1200 if you Alt-tab out of the game and then Alt-tab back to the game. Further details can be found in topic number 737-535
• Serious Sam: The Second Encounter: Playing the game for approximately 5 to 10 minutes under Windows XP with the game quality set at normal/default, results in display corruption being seen in the menu. Further details can be found in topic number 737-10090
• Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Saving a game and attempting to load the saved game under Windows XP results in the preview window display a blank preview screen. Further details can be found in topic number
• Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: Running the Dantoonie level of the game may result in hesitation being noticed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19378
• World of Warcraft: Enabling Full-Screen Glow in the game may result in a blue screen image being displayed when walking under water. This issue is know to occur when using an ATI Radeon® 9100 or 8500 series product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19075
• World of Warcraft: Display corruption is noticed when switching between the game and the Windows desktop, when the desktop is set to 1280x1024 and the graphic preferences is set to Optimal Quality. Further details can be found in topic number
• The Apply button in the Custom settings of the Advanced mode found under the Catalyst™ Control Center Video standard settings is grayed out when playing a media file. Further details can be found in topic number 737-497
• Changing the DPI setting found in the General tab of the display properties to Large size (120 DPI) results in the change not taking effect when launching the Catalyst™ Control Center. Further details can be found in topic number 737-18885
• Installing Realtek Audio/Marvel Lan driver under Windows 2000 results in the operating system failing to respond when performing the ATI driver installation. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19543
• Creating a custom hot-key for rotation currently results in the custom hot-key to become unavailable for the secondary display device when extended desktop is enabled and the display devices are set to 1280x1024. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19542
• Connecting two display devices using the DVI and CRT connectors on a system containing an ATI Xpress 200 results in the system failing to resume when entering standby state. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19538
Man verspricht mit dem Catalyst 5.7 eine Performance-Steigerung in Half-Life2, Far Cry und 3D Mark 05. Wir werden sehen ob es stimmt.